Friday, June 21, 2013

Welcome to the blog world I guess...

This is a first for me, a blog. I've been tossing around the thought of starting one for some time now and here I am. I remember first hearing about them several years ago and thinking what a novel idea that was. Throwing your thoughts and ideas out there for everyone to see. You won't encounter any lunatic ravings here political or otherwise, unless something goes horribly wrong (read: Zombie Apocalypse). I'll be posting primarily about knitting and dyeing yarn: my most loved hobbies. For me they encompass many things; they are creative, meditative, exciting, and just plain fun.

So for my inaugural post I'd like to show off a skein of yarn I dyed a couple of months ago. I call it 1976. If you were alive then you understand. Well, maybe you didn't have my wardrobe and don't understand. Never the less, here is the yarn.


I probably should mention that I have an Etsy shop, Hansen Hand Dyes, where I sell the yarn I dye. This is a skein about which I've received numerous compliments yet no one seems to want to buy it. So today I decided to reskein the yarn in an effort to show what it might look like when knit. Here it is. 



What do you think? I think it looks pretty bitchin' reskeined. Makes me almost not want to sell it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment